ADA Compliant Pool Lifts
On July 26, 2010 The US Department of Justice released updated Americans with Disability Act (ADA) Standards for Accessible Design. Among the updates for a number of facility types were new requirements specifically for public swimming pools. The level of accessibility depends on the size and type of the pool. For pools under 300 linear feet in size, the ADA Standard for Accessible Design calls for one means of access, which must be either an ADA-compliant lift, or a sloped entry. Pools with greater than 300 linear feet of pool wall must also have a second means of access. This second means can either be another lift or ramp, or it can also be a transfer wall, a transfer system or pool stairs. Visit the ADA website for more information. These rules take effect March 15, 2011 and compliance is required by March 15, 2012.
The ADA-compliant Splash is a semi-portable aquatic lift that requires a square deck anchor. It supports a lifting capacity of 400 pounds. The Splash is useful for facilities that have both in-ground and above ground spas. The Hi/Lo model can accommodate a raised wall up to 48″ as well as pool level still meeting the ADA requirements of 18″ submersion.
This unit is powered by a rechargeable 24 volt battery and can be operated by the user via a waterproof hand control that is self operable.
The Splash is constructed of stainless steel and aluminum and is powder coated for maximum durability even in the harshest environments.
Since its introduction in 1997, the PAL (Portable Aquatic Lift) has
become the industry standard for portable swimming pool access.
The completely portable PAL is the perfect accessory for any
commercial aquatic facility.
300 lb/136 kg lifting capacity
* Completely portable—easy to move by one person
* Conveniently stores away when not in use
* Powered by a 24-volt rechargeable battery
* User operable via waterproof hand control
* 240? rotation
* Powder coated stainless steel and aluminum construction
* Comes with battery, charger, battery console cover, waterproof, control, footrest and seatbelt assembly
The ADA-compliant aXs is a semi-portable aquatic lift, requiring a stainless steel anchor. It supports a lifting capacity of 300 pounds. The aXs is perfect for residential and small hotel use. This unit is powered by a rechargeable batter and can be operated by the user via a waterproof hand control. The aXs is constructed of stainless steel and aluminum and is powder coated for maximum durability. The aXs comes with a battery, charger, battery console cover, waterproof control, stainless steel anchor socket with cover and spanner key, footrest and seatbelt assembly.
- Ideal for residential and small hotel use
- Powered by a rechargeable battery
- User-operable via waterproof hand control
- 300 lb. Lift capacity.
- Fabricated using both aluminum extrusions and stainless steel
- Meets all Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG)
- Exclusive seating system is wider and deeper than conventional seats and has no restrictive edges
- Designed by people with disabilities for people with disabilities
The Solution for ADA Compliance
The i-Lift battery powered (ADA) compliant pool lift is the most economical & efficient solution to ADA compliance. Designed for in deck installation of in-ground pools/spas for all commercial and public pools, from large scale aquatic facilities including schools & university’s, to fitness and recreational sports clubs, hotels/motels and more. The i-Lift can be Made Portable With the i-Lift Mate. Compliance is required by March 15, 2012 but don’t wait, the i-Lift is by far your most economical and versatile solution. The i-Lift battery powered lift has a safe and easy operating system which is rotationally and vertically powered. Accommodates a setback of 6″ to 22″.
- ADA Compliant
- Designed for Pool & Spa Applications
- Electro-polished Stainless Steel Construction for Durability and Easy Maintenance
- 350 lb. Weight Limit
- 6″ – 22″ Set Back (Range)
- 0″ – 12″ Water Draft (Range)
- Works with Pool Gutters
- Rotates 360 degrees, Clockwise & Counterclockwise for Transfer Ease
- Removable Without Tools
- Water Tight Remote Control for Easy Operation
- Manual Override Control Switch if Remote is Damaged or Lost
- Minimal Moving Parts for Smooth Long Lasting Performance
- Rugged Aluminum Actuator Motor & Ram System Specifically Designed for Outdoor Use with Thermal Overload Protection
- Heavy Duty Battery, Up to 90 Lifts on Single Battery Charge Plus Low Battery Indicator Light
- Comes with one Standard Anchor
- Available Upgrade Kit Includes: Armrests, Headrest and Footrest
- Can be Made Portable With the i-Lift Mate (shown Above)
AquaTram™ Series Swimming Pool Access Lifts by Paragon Aquatics / Pentair Commercial: All AquaTram Series lifts are ADA Compliant and battery-operated (rechargeable 24V) with a durable powder-coated stainless steel construction; dual flip-up arm rests; removable, adjustable footrest; adjustable lap belt; and easy to operate Slim-Line controls. Limited lifetime warranty on the frame; limited, 5-year pro-rated warranty on the electronics. Optional Head Rest, Pull-Out Leg Rest, and specially-designed Transport Carts are available for both models:
AquaTram™ Lift: A unique, semi-permanent, non-rotating design provides an attractive, low-profile, and compact solution both on deck and in storage. Uses the Paragon Quickset® Dual-Wedge™ square-post, tool-less clamping anchor. Installs or removes in minutes. Robust 400 lb. capacity. Accommodates small curb walls (up to 6” wide and 4” high) only. Note: If deck-to-water dimension is greater than 9”, please ask about our Deep Draft Configuration.